Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teeth Cleaning

Yesterday morning, I went for my sixth month dental appointment.  I sat there having religious discussions, giving marital advice, and talking about child rearing while my mouth was wide open and Tracy was scraping my teeth. 

I do not have a fear of dentist, nor do I have issues with someone working in my mouth.  I try to listen to the advice my dentist and hygienist give.  I remember one bit of advice the Dr. Buchanan, my child-hood dentist gave.  "Scott, you need to brush and floss the teeth you want to keep."  Do I need to mention that he was blunt if anything? 

Preventative dental care.  That is why I brush and floss regularly.  That is why I visit my dentist twice a year.  That is why I avoid habits that damage teeth.  These examinations pay off in preventing future major issues.

To bring a spiritual application to this I point us to 2 Cor 13:5 where Paul instructs us to examine ourselves to see whether we are in the faith.  

What do you do to "examine yourself" spiritually?  How can I know that I am "in the faith?"

Scott

No comments: