Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Happy State

According to ABC news this morning, we now know what state is the happiest state in the USA. This happiness index evaluates employment rates, mortgage foreclosures, and citizen surveys. Nebraska, a conservative mostly rural state in the Midwest ranks as the happiest; Florida and California rank as the least happy. I searched Google, but could not find where Alabama ranked on the list, I would suppose we would be somewhere in the middle overall. But Alabama is not my home. I live here, but my citizenship is elsewhere -- Phil 3:20, "But our citizenship is in heaven . . ." If you, like me are 'in Christ,' then you have a completely different place of residence (cf. Gal 3:26-27).

Being a resident of heaven, affords us the honor of truly residing in the happiest, most content, state of all; the state of being blessed in Christ. Paul writes, " . . . I have learned in whatsoever state I in to be content . . . I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." (Phil 4:11-13). So whether you live in Nebraska, Louisiana, Alabama, Alaska, Florida, California or any other state or country -- you can be happy in Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But Alabama is not my home. I live here, but my citizenship is elsewhere"

Amen, amen, amen. We're here on a diplomatic mission, but we aren't citizens of this world.

Grace and peace,
Tim Archer
http://timothyarcher.com/kitchen

Anonymous said...

I know this world is not my home, but man, if heaven is as good as living in Nebraska, it will be out of this world! Not that I am biased or anything.