Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Top Ten Human Relationship Tips
From the bottom of a pile of papers on my desk comes today's Top Ten Human Relationship Tips (a.k.a Top Ten Ways to Make Friends or Keep Them).
10. Speak to people: There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word of greeting - Phil 1:3
9. Smile at people: Some suggest it takes 72 muscles to frown and only 14 to smile - Phil 4:8
8. Call people by name: The sweetest music to any one's ears is the sound of his or her own name - Matt 7:12.
7. Be friendly and helpful: If you would have a friend, be one - Prov 18:24.
6. Be cordial: Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure - Eccl 9:10.
5. Be interested in people: You can like everybody if you try - Gen 1:27.
4. Be generous with praise while cautious with criticism: Praise when you have opportunity - Prov 3:27 and season all your speech - Eph 4:29ff.
3. Be considerate of the feelings of others: They will appreciate it - Eph 4:32.
2. Be thoughtful of others opinions: You are not right 100% of the time, so listen to them - Phil 2:3-4.
And the NUMBER ONE Human Relationship Tip. . .
1. Be ready and willing to SERVE - 1 Pet 4:10.