These two words seem incongruous: Math and Humor. Maybe my math teachers thought my answers were funny sometimes, but as a student math AND humor? Last night after Bible Class, Teresa Kitchens (a member at Parrish and a Math Teacher at Walker High School) knowing my warped sense of humor shared a list of 31 math puns. What follows are my favorite ten of the list:
9. Why do math books cry? - They have lots of problems.
8. When do mathematicians die? - When their number is up.
7. What is the longest piece of furniture? - The multiplication table.
6. What is a metric cookie? - A Gram cracker.
5. Why do math teachers talk to themselves? - They think the students are listening.
4. Two's company, three's a crowd, what are four and five? - Nine.
3. What did the math major mean when she called her blind date 288? He's 2 gross.
2. What is a polygon? - A lost parrot.
And the number one math pun for the day . . .
1. What is an occupied bathroom on an airplane? a hypotenuse (high - pot - in - use).
OK, here is one more just for today since you can't get enough math humor - How do you know God loves math? - He told Adam and Eve to multiply, the fourth book in the Bible is called Numbers, and his followers put "+" signs on His churches.