Thursday, June 11, 2009
Top Ten Times to Pray
Last night for our second lesson in our Summer Series on Building Together with God, Bro. James Wyers from the Winfield congregation spoke to us about how Prayer plays a part in our building with God. During his message he ran through a list of "when to pray" his list had 12 appropriate "whens." I was derelict in taking notes, so I came up with my own Top Ten Times to Pray.
10. In the Morning - Mk 1:35, Jesus did, so should I.
9. In the Evening - Mk 6:46-47.
8. When alone - Lk 5:16.
7. All night - Lk 6:12.
6. When mourning over sin - Jas 5:16.
5. When mourning over death - Jn 11:41-42.
4. When dealing with suffering - Mt 26:36ff
3. When facing temptation - Lk 11:4.
2. When filled with joy - Phlp 1:3-4.
And the number 1 time to pray . . . .
1. All the time without ceasing - 1 Thess 2:13, 5:17.