Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Quit!

I quit!  I have had enough!  I'm tired!  I'm worn out!  I'm frustrated!  I cannot take anymore!  I am resigning today!

I am quitting, you cannot change my mind!  Do NOT try to talk me out of it.  I refuse to second guess my decision to quit!  My mind is made up, my decision is final!

Honestly, I have wanted to say that for a long time.  I have considered quitting before and have taken hours to pray about it.  This is the only way!  I quit!

Quitting is a tough decision to make.  Quitting is not the weak way out.  Quitting take determination!  Quitting takes a great deal of faith.  When you quit, you wonder what people are going to say.  You wonder how your resignation will affect others.  But I have to quit!  Now it the time to quit!  Quitting was a difficult decision, I had to consider some characters in Biblical Historical Narrative.

What if Noah had quit?  No one was on his side, people laughed at him, encouraged him to quit, but he kept building the ark.
What if Abraham had quit?  No one would blame him.  How can you continue to have faith that God will give your children and inheritance when you are 98 and childless?
What if Joseph had quit? At every turn life seemed against him.  Yet he hung in there, did not quit and God's people received relief from a great disastrous famine.
What if Jesus had quit?  Satan offered a way out.  He asked God to take away cup of burden, but nevertheless, He stuck with God's plan.

But I have to quit!  There is just no way around it.  This is something I have to do -- right NOW!  TODAY!  This moment!  I refuse to put it off any longer, so for the record as of right now, I QUIT!

  • I Quit worrying about what others think and I start caring more about what God thinks.
  • I Quit making excuses for not being a better husband and father.
  • I Quit complaining about the church and my brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • I Quit prejudging others.
  • I Quit looking for and finding fault.
  • I Quit gossiping.
  • I Quit looking for the easy way out.
  • I Quit living for self and start living for Jesus.
Will you quit with me?

As we quit, let us resolve to be like all those Bible characters who stayed the course.  At the end of our individual lives, may we be able to echo Paul and say, "For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." 2 Tim 4:6-8.

Scott

No comments: