Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Preacher


From my study in Parrish, Alabama comes this morning's top ten.  Top Ten Reasons, I Love Being A Preacher:

10. I get to talk during worship.
9. I am blessed to have extra time to study God's word.
8. I don't sleep through the sermon.
7. I serve the GREATEST PEOPLE on Earth -- God's people!
6. Although the pay hasn't always been great, God's Retirement plan is wonderful.
5. People invite me to be part of their celebrations (weddings, anniversaries, etc.)
4. Fellowship Meals!  Christian ladies (and some of us men) can really cook!
3. The privilege to help people in times of physical, fiscal, and spiritual needs.
2. My family shares in my ministry.
and reason I most love to preach . . . .
1. There is no greater message to proclaim! (Rom 1:16).

Rejoice in the Lord always, I repeat REJOICE!

Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about
I get paid to go to church.

I don't have to go to work, just go do what I really want to do.

I get to see God's amazing power to change peoples lives through his marvelous power, and life changing word.

Scott said...

Joe,
Thanks for the three additional reasons. I really like your 3rd reason.