Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Really, Really Big Word

Pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. That is one of the longest words in English. Everett Smith coined this word in 1935, he was trying to come up with a word that would be the longest in the English language. His efforts paid off; according to online dictionaries, pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a pulmonary disorder caused by inhaling microscopic silicon ash to the point that the ash accumulates in the lungs and causing breathing problems, including hyperventilation, coughing, and increased susceptibility to tuberculosis. You know the chronic form of this disorder by another name - Black Lung Disease.

Well, Mr. Smith I have another word for you: “pnuematheonagonepiosporeuomaikatalogosaletheia.” Alright, I admit that my word is more Greek than English. But I think it is a good word none-the-less, and maybe it will catch on. I think my word is descriptive of who you and I should be. Come to think of it, since I am suggesting that we live up to this word, you may want to know what my word means. My word to describe you and me comes from studying and applying

  • Romans 8:14, “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God,”

  • 1 John 1:7, “But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light . . .”

  • 2 Tim 2:15, “. . . rightly handling the word of truth.”

Pnuematheonagonepiosporeuomaikatalogosaletheia means: Spirit of God led children walking according to the word of truth. I believe the apostle Paul would agree with me. Do you agree?

- Scott

source: http://tinyurl.com/qfbxws

No comments: