Thursday, March 11, 2010

Discoveries of Aging


Last month I celebrated my 43rd birthday.  Although I am still younger than some I am older than many, and now have some bits of wisdom I would like to pass along to those behind me chronologically.

  1. I started out with nothing and still have most of it.
  2. I am finally getting my head together; now my body is falling apart.
  3. Funny, I don'e remember being absent-minded.
  4. Fact - Life is unfair!
  5. It is easier to get older than to get wiser.
  6. You can't make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
  7. If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would have put them on my knees.
  8. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the length and depth.
  9. I spend a lot more time thinking about the hereafter:  I walk in a room and wonder what I am here after.
  10. Funny, I don't remember being . . . absent-minded.
What words of wisdom do you have to pass along? 

Scott

No comments: