Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Man I Desire To Be

Four years ago, as I was completing a Masters' Degree in Ministry, our instructor (Paul Tarrence) assigned us at simple project.  That project was to reflect on the Man we Desired to be.  I wrote this list then and occasionally pull it out to look at it, today was one of those days.  I reflected on how I am becoming that man and admit I am still a work in progress.

The Man I Desire to Be
  • Above all a servant of God.
  • A man who is a leader in service to others.
  • A man focused on the needs (physical, emotional, and spiritual) of his family.
  • A person with the financial security to be generous in giving to the Lord and in helping others with their needs.
  • A fried to all I meet.
  • A man of God's Word in reflection and action.
  • A man motivated by a pure heart.
  • A man of ever deepening faith and trust in God.
  • A living testimony of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.
  • A man Christ-like in attitude and behavior.
  • A teacher of teachers and a disciple of Christ discipling others to reconciliation with God through Christ (2 Tim 2:2; 2 Cor 5:18ff).
  • A man aware of and sensitive to the thoughts and emotions of others, yet not allowing the values or misunderstandings of others to change my core-values that have their basis upon and in the principles of God's Word.
What would your list include:  List the attributes of the Person You Would Like to Be.

Scott 

No comments: